About the Ontario Feed-in Tariff Program (FIT)
Launched in October 2009, the Ontario Feed-in Tariff Program (FIT) compensates participants with a guaranteed pricing for renewable electricity. Carmanah is an experienced EPC contractor, with more than 70+ completed FIT installations in Ontario. Carmanah can assist you with the design and installation of a rooftop* grid-tie solar power system.
What We Do
- Professionally engineered and managed turn-key FIT projects that are competitively priced, optimally designed, and expertly installed.
- We have direct experience with more than a dozen Ontario LDCs, including Hydro One, Whitby Hydro, Enersource, Powerstream, Toronto Hydro, Ottawa Hydro, and Enwin (Windsor).
- NABCEP-approved and certified engineers
- LEED AP certified engineers
Who is Eligible?
- Renewable energy generating facilities, including those using photovoltaics
- Locations connected to a local distribution system, host facility, or IESO-controlled grid within Ontario
- Projects with a rated electrical generating capacity up to 10 MW
How it Works?
1. Register for the FIT Program online
2. Complete an Application with support from Carmanah Technologies
3. Receive FIT Contract offer after eleigibility is confirmed
4. Begin completeling project milestones until reaching commercial operation
*Carmanah can also assist you with the design of non-rooftop solar systems, such as side-mounted solar or building-integrated solar.
Federal, Provincial, and Territorial Government Incentives