Crosswalks for Walkable Communities
BROCHURE - This brochure provides a high-level overview of how Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacons (RRFBs) can improve active transportation routes. Includes FHWA research results on the effectiveness of RRFBs and details on the cost benefits of installing RRFB technology.
Walkable Streets, The Way of the Future
WHITEPAPER - A walkable community is a sustainable community. But the benefits reach beyond a city’s future population growth. Improved economic vibrancy, a sense of vitality and connectivity, and the enhanced health and well-being of citizens are all direct and immediate results of improving a community’s walkability.
Improving Community Connections with RRFB Technology
POWERPOINT - Make a compelling argument for bringing Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon technology to crosswalks in your community. Use the full presentation, or just the parts you need. Need help putting your presentation together? We'd be happy to help! Email us at email@example.com
Third Party Reports
- Effects of Yellow Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacons on Yielding at Multi-Lane Uncontrolled Crosswalks - Federal Highways Administration (FHWA Report)
- Improving Pedestrian Safety at Unsignalized Crossings - Transit Cooperative Research Program (TCRP) & National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP) Joint Report
- An Analysis of the Efficacy of Rectangular-shaped Rapid-Flash LED Beacons to Increase Yielding to Pedestrians Using Crosswalks on Multilane Roadways in the City of St. Petersburg, FL. - Center for Education and Research in Safety
- Vehicle Speeds in School Zones - Washington Traffic Safety Commission
- Evaluating Driver and Pedestrian Behaviors at Enhanced Multi-lane Midblock Pedestrian Crossings: A Case Study in Portland, OR - Portland State University