Carmanah has received an additional order from the Boulder City Municipal Airport in Nevada for 91 solar-powered LED airport lights. The order is comprised of both Model A601 taxiway edge lights and Model A601 obstruction lights.
Offering flight services for both private and commercial airplanes, the Boulder City Municipal Airport is a general aviation facility serving the air transportation needs of the citizens of Boulder City and its surrounding communities. This order follows two previous orders for Carmanah's solar LED airfield lighting, which is indicative of the success this airport is having with the Company's technology. The primary motivation for choosing Carmanah's lights is the reduced installation and maintenance costs, as well as the field-proven reliability.
About Carmanah's A601 Airfield Lights
The A601 is the world's most advanced solar-powered LED aviation light. It is an ideal solution for emergency, temporary and/or permanent airfield and obstruction lighting applications at commercial, civil and defence airports. Features include:
- Minimal capital cost and a simple, fast, cost-effective installation with no disruption to existing airfield operations.
- No trenching, cabling or external power infrastructure required.
- Automatic dusk-till-dawn operation.
- No scheduled maintenance for up to 5 years.
- Field-proven year-round operation under the harshest of environmental conditions.
- Water/shock/vibration-proof and able to withstand jet blast.
- Meets the requirements of ICAO Annex 14, Volume I, Sections 188.8.131.52 and Appendix I, 2.1.1 for taxiway edge lighting.
- Acceptable for use for barricade and construction applications at Commercial Part 139 Airports under the FAA Advisory Circular AC150/5370-2E.
Like Boulder City Municipal Airport, hundreds of commercial and general aviation airports worldwide are enjoying the benefits of Carmanah's solar-powered LED airfield lights. For more information about this project or the Company's other unique airfield lighting products, please visit www.solarairportlights.com or contact the Aviation Lighting Division at:
About Carmanah Technologies Corporation
Carmanah is an award-winning manufacturer specializing in energy-efficient technologies. The Company is currently focused on three technology groups: solar-powered LED lighting, solar power systems & equipment and LED-illuminated signage.
Carmanah is headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada and has branch offices and/or sales representation in 11 cities across Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom.
The shares of Carmanah Technologies Corporation are publicly traded on the TSX under the symbol "CMH" and on the Berlin and Frankfurt Stock Exchanges under the symbol "QCX". For more information, please visit www.carmanah.com.