Finalists' Technologies Enhance Wide Range of Industries
VANCOUVER, BC, May 9, 2007 - This year's Technology Impact Awards (TIAs) Finalists provide overwhelming proof of the important role that British Columbian innovation plays in our traditional industry sectors and in our everyday lives, said the BC Technology Industry Association (BCTIA) today.
The majority of the 16 finalist companies, across six award categories, concentrate on augmenting operations in industries involved in real estate, military, security and public safety, health care, environmental management, mining, and energy.
This year's finalists deliver technologies to manage water quality for public and environmental health; provide solar powered lighting for safety applications; create efficiencies in industries like mining and real estate; and improve complex tasks such as clearing mines in Afghanistan using 3D visualization software. Finalists also include BC-based innovation that is creating mobile IT environments for paramedics and other first responders; preserving the nutritional content of food while extending its shelf life; improving our communications infrastructure; protecting highly critical data; and helping doctors and health care workers reduce administration time and increase the amount of patient care they can deliver.
"These 2007 TIA finalists illustrate how pervasive and integral technology is to all industries in helping them deliver better service, improve safety and increase efficiency," observed Rob Cruickshank, President of the BCTIA.
The TIAs are broken into three distinct groups: Technology Awards, Company Awards, and Personal Recognition Awards. This year's finalists are:
Excellence in Product Innovation
- Apparent Networks Inc. (http://www.apparentnetworks.com/)
- NGRAIN Canada Corp. (http://www.ngrain.com/)
- Top Producer Systems Inc. (http://www.topproducer.com/)
Best Application of Technology
- Apparent Networks Inc. (http://www.apparentnetworks.com/),
- In Motion Technology Inc. (http://www.inmotiontechnology.com/)
- Wolf Medical Systems Inc. (http://www.wolfmedical.com/)
Most Promising Start-Up
- Aquatic Informatics Inc. (http://www.aquaticinformatics.com/),
- Mobidia Technology Inc. (http://www.mobidia.com/)
- Wurldtech Inc. (http://www.wurldtech.com/)
Emerging Company of the Year
- Digital Payment Technologies Corp. (http://www.digitalpaytech.com/),
- Neverblue Media Inc. (http://www.neverbluemedia.com/)
- Tranzeo Wireless Technologies Inc. (http://www.tranzeo.com/)
Company of the Year
- Carmanah Technologies Corp. (http://www.carmanah.com/)
- Gemcom Software International Inc. (http://www.gemcomsoftware.com/)
- Vecima Networks Inc. (http://www.vecimanetworks.com/)
Other awards to be presented at the Technology Impact Awards Celebration include:
- Most Promising Pre-Commercial Technology: Awarded to a company with an R&D-stage innovation that represents a fundamental advancement in technology
- Team of the Year: Awarded to a non-executive team who have made a significant contribution to the overall success of their organization during the past year
- Leadership in Social Responsibility: Awarded for deployment of socially and/or environmentally responsible business practices or projects
- Person of the Year: Awarded to an individual who has made an outstanding contribution to the technology industry during the year
Winners will be announced on June 6th at the Technology Impact Awards Celebration, at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver, where more than 800 celebrants will extend well-deserved recognition and congratulations to the leaders who are helping to build and drive British Columbia's economy.
About the BCTIA
BC Technology Industry Association (BCTIA) is a not-for-profit, member-funded organization that represents start-ups to established technology companies, across the province. Incorporated in 1993, the BCTIA has served the province's technology industry for over a decade and today is recognized locally, provincially and nationally as the voice of BC's technology industry.
As the voice of BC's technology industry, BCTIA is committed to the ongoing growth, sustainability and prosperity of BC's economy and the technology industry that serves it. The Association delivers opportunities for members to connect, learn and grow their businesses in BC. For more information visit http://www.bctia.org.
For more information, please contact: