Vancouver, BC, January 5, 2006--(T-Net)-T-Net announced today quarterly changes to the T-Net 20 High Tech Stock Index, comprising BC's top 20 largest publicly traded technology companies.
Companies added to the T-Net 20 were VCom Inc., a designer and manufacturer of products for the Data over Cable, Digital Video and Wireless Broadband Industries; and Intrinsyc Software, a Mobility Software and services company.
Companies removed from the index were ID Biomedical (acquired by GlaxoSmithKline) and MDSI Mobile Data Solutions (acquired by Vista Equity Partners).
BC's top 20 technology companies, as ranked by market capitalization now include:
Company (Market Cap)
- Abgenix, Inc ($2.0 Billion US)
- PMC Sierra Inc. ($1.6 Billion US$)
- MacDonald Dettwiler ($1.6 Billion)
- Angiotech Pharmaceuticals ($1.3 Billion)
- QLT Inc. ($716.6 Million)
- Aspreva Pharmaceuticals ($618.4 Million)
- Cardiome Pharma ($598.6 Million)
- Ballard Power Systems ($536.6 Million)
- Sierra Wireless ($400.5 Million)
- Railpower Technologies ($351.5 Million)
- Xantrex Technology Inc. ($212.8 Million)
- AnorMED Inc. ($202.5 Million)
- VCom Inc. ($174.1 Million)
- Carmanah Technologies ($142.5 Million)
- Ascalade Communications Inc. ($109.4 Million)
- Sierra Systems Group ($93.0 Million)
- Absolute Software ($79.3 Million)
- Westport Innovations ($78.7 Million)
- Forbes Medi-Tech ($71.0 Million)
- Intrinsyc Software ($51.7 Million)
About the T-Net 20 Stock Index
T-Net 20 is an index of the 20 largest publicly-traded technology companies in BC. This list is updated quarterly and companies are added or removed from the list based on market capitalization on the last day of each quarter.
For up-to-date stock quotes and information on every publicly traded technology company in BC, please see the "Tech Stocks" section of the T-Net website.