Outlined below is the position description for the Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”) of Carmanah Technologies Corporation (“Carmanah” or the “Company”). In addition to the duties and responsibilities set forth pursuant to the CEO’s employment agreement, below is the position description.
Chief Executive Officer
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO will create shareholder value by providing the vision, leadership, strategy and general management skills necessary to grow Carmanah into a dominant player in its industry. This will include development and implementation of a strategic plan to advance the company’s vision, mission, strategies and objectives and to promote revenue, profitability and growth as an organization. The CEO will work with a top tier management team dedicated to developing, manufacturing and selling world-class products and services; act as the key face of the company; develop new customers and channels to market and manage existing customer and channel partner relationships; develop strategic partnerships and ensure that overall revenue and profit goals are achieved and shareholder value is delivered. While all aspects of the Company’s business require focus, solar powered LED lighting growth and profitability is especially important to the long term success.
Working with the Board of Directors, the CEO will enable the Board to fulfill all required public company governance functions, will develop an open and communicative relationship with the Board providing informal and formal updates on Company strategy, performance, management direction and decisions, and will lead the investor relations function by representing the Company to shareholders, analysts, brokers, funds etc as required.
General Description and Responsibilities
- Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Development, review and refinement of the Company’s business strategy, and execution of that strategy to obtain a leading position in the marketplace;
- Ensure revenue growth is achieved in a responsible and profitable manner; both organically and through successful completion of mergers and acquisitions;
- Working with the management team to satisfy consumer needs, develop and nurture new and existing customers, partnerships, strategic alliances, and other market opportunities;
- Be the chief steward of the Company, ensuring the company is well positioned in the public marketplace., and building relationships and credibility with outside investors to provide necessary resources to fund and grow the Company;
- Be the primary spokesperson for the Company in all interactions with the press, the financial community and the public markets;
- Provide high-level strategic and tactical leadership to the Board and the management team;
- Motivate a high performance, innovative and results-driven organization;
- Develop performance measurements and ensure these metrics are achieved.
Effective March 2013