CBC’s “VENTURE” is an award-winning Canadian national television program that takes viewers inside the dramatic world of business and enterprise. The program is the original “reality show”, following entrepreneurs as they try to realize their dreams.
On March 27, 2001, Carmanah was originally profiled on VENTURE. This segment tracked the trials and tribulations facing Carmanah’s founder, Dr. David Green, as he worked to keep the Company operating as a young start-up.
Venture has now returned to Carmanah to follow up on its progress. On Sunday, April 9, 2006, at 7:26 p.m. local time, VENTURE featured an update on the Company and the amazing progress it has made in such a short time.
Additional Airing Dates
If you missed the airing on Sunday, April 9, this episode of VENTURE will be repeated on the following dates/channels (check your local listings to confirm):
- Sat 4/15/2006 @ 6:26 AM local time on channel 20(CBNEW)
- Sat 4/15/2006 @ 4:26 PM local time on channel 20(CBNEW)
- Sun 4/16/2006 @ 1:26 AM local time on channel 20(CBNEW)
(From CBC VENTURE)
Title: Spot the Winner
Synopsis: Think you’ve got what it takes to pick a winning entrepreneurial idea? Care to place a wager on it? Test your skills with a special episode of VENTURE as we catch up with six businesses we’ve covered in the past and find out how they’re fairing. Can you predict which business has the right mix of passion, planning, marketing savvy and inventive genius to earn itself a spot in the winner’s circle? Grab a track-side seat, place your bets andÂ…they’re off! Want to learn more about the businesses we featured on Spot the Winner? Here’s how:
- Greta & Janet Podleski; Dave Chilton (LooneySpoons): http://www.looneyspoons.com
- Larry Finnson (24K Water Co.): http://www.icelandicglacial.com
- Chris Emery (Clodhoppers): http://www.clodhoppers.tv
- Luc Jalbert (Prelam): http://www.prelam.com
- Steve Debus (ModRobes): http://www.modrobes.com
- Dave Green (Carmanah Technologies): http://www.carmanah.com
Click here for details on the original VENTURE profile of Carmanah, including a transcript.