Radar Speed Sign
Alert speeding drivers with intelligent radar-activated warning SpeedCheck® displays
Affordable. Reliable. Feature-rich. The SPEEDCHECK-12 radar speed sign is an effective and portable solution for slowing traffic in pedestrian and school zones, residential areas, and arterials and rural roadways with posted speeds less than 45 mph. Also known as driver feedback signs, these traffic calming devices effectively draw the attention of drivers who are exceeding posted speed limits, allowing those targeted drivers to self-correct.
SpeedCheck systems have the added benefit of delivering two-way wireless communication, either onsite or remotely, for setup, diagnostics, upgrades, and more. Optional features include remote monitoring for programming, updating, and status monitoring from afar, additional static sign sizes and colors, extended radar range and others.
- Mobile app for iOS® and Android™ enables quick and easy setup and programming from up to 50 ft away using on-site Bluetooth® wireless connectivity.
- Built-in rapid-flashing strobe can be programmed to flash at user-defined speed thresholds.
- Powered by battery, solar or AC systems.
Carmanah SpeedCheck signs meet the guidance of the Federal Highway Administration’s (FHWA) Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD). Many states have SpeedCheck devices on their approved product list. It is also approved by the Transportation Association of Canada (TAC) and other safety bodies around the world.
“We have installed SpeedCheck displays in several new locations throughout the city as well as replaced some of the less reliable signs we had previously purchased from a different manufacturer. SpeedCheck displays have proven to be easy to install, rugged, and reliable.”
– Doran Beauclair, Signal Electrician, City of Bellevue, Washington
Top 3 reasons to choose our SpeedCheck radar speed sign:
- High-contrast display for greatest readability at a distance
- Every sign includes data collection, calendar/schedule operation and reporting software
- Customizable options for static signs, power sources, remote connectivity and more
We achieve a high-contrast, ultra-clear display with high-intensity LEDs and our unique safety masking design. The bright LED display uses 12-inch, MUTCD-compliant digits against a black background that prevents “88” ghosting—ensuring readability in all weather and lighting conditions. The protective, polycarbonate window is anti-glare and UV-stabilized for high clarity, and features a unique safety mask that limits the viewing angle to prevent drivers from watching the display as they pass.
SpeedCheck’s unique safety masking
This high-contrast design makes the SpeedCheck sign stand out against the competition. The images below were taken during a side-by-side test and show SpeedCheck’s superior visibility.
Displays faint red “25” with ghosted “88” characters
Displays bright, curved “26” against deep black contrast
Standards and Compliance
Buy America compliant
3-year limited warranty
Solar sized for every location
Up to 21 day battery run time
Up to 1000 ft radar detection
The SpeedCheck Manager software allows you to easily set up, program, update, and perform maintenance on the SpeedCheck radar speed sign. It can be accessed locally with Bluetooth from up to 50 ft away.
Two operating modes:
- Standard operation: All settings for 24/7 operation or as a road speed data collector in stealth mode.
- Scheduled operation: Program and manage calendar schedules for multiple SpeedCheck signs, including simple on/off functions, data collection times and operation of external devices like flashing beacons and cameras.
Read our SpeedCheck Manager spec sheet for more information.
SpeedCheck Traffic Analyzer
SpeedCheck radar speed signs have built-in data collection capabilities. Users can connect to their SpeedCheck sign and download traffic data to their laptop via Bluetooth®. Traffic Analyzer software is included with every sign, allowing users to plot the data, see the success of their traffic calming programs and identify areas for improvement. Read our Traffic Analyzer spec sheet for more information.
- Files | Data Sheet
- Files | StreetHub™ Connected System Data Sheet
- Files | User Manual
- Files | Purchase Specs
- Files | CAD Files
We put solar to work™Whether you are installing radar speed signs in school zones, residential areas, or work zones, we can run a comprehensive site assessment to confirm the best solar-powered solution for your project. We run a field-proven software simulation to create an Solar Power Report™ (SPR) to show you how we did it. Best of all? It’s free, and we can have it ready in 24 hours.
Configuration Options and Add-Ons
- Remote connectivity for scheduling, system monitoring and reporting
- "YOUR SPEED" sign sizes and colors
- Extended radar range